A delicious topping for breakfast treats or ice cream.
3 cups frozen mixed berries
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
- Pour mixed berries and orange juice into medium saucepan.
- Cover and cook on medium heat until fruit is soft.
- Add sugar, nutmeg, and salt and stir well.
- Cook for about 15 minutes to mix the flavors – watch the pan as the sauce has a tendency to boil over, making a sweet, sticky mess!
- Serve warm over waffles, pancakes, french toast or as a dessert topping on ice cream, cakes, or pies. Or cool and mix with yogurt or as a sweet addition to crackers and brie.