Local Places We Love
- Looking for the perfect place for a special dinner? Try the C & O.
- Get exquisite French fine dining at Petit Pois, Fleurie, or L’Etoile.
- Have a luxurious meal of Spanish tapas at Mas or a Latin-inspired dish at Zocalo or Mono Loco.
- Get local, organic pub food at The Local.
- Enjoy globally inspired, casual gourmet fare at Threepenny Cafe.
- If you’re in the mood for spicy noodles and fresh stir fries, try Downtown Thai or Peter Chang’s China Grill.
- Get seaside-fresh sushi at Ten or Miyako.
- Have a slice of pizza with all the trimmings at Christian’s (traditional, whole pizza or by-the-slice) or Fry’s Spring Station (gourmet wood-fire oven style).
- Have a traditional Italian meal with a contemporary twist at Tavola.
- Order a burger and sit outside at Citizen Burger Bar.
- Pick up sandwiches from Feast! or Bodo’s Bagels.
- Have a gelato and an espresso at Splendora’s.
- Grab a crepe to go from The Flat.
- Visit some of the areas most popular vineyards on the Monticello Wine Trail.
- … and visit a few more vineyards in comfort and safety with the luxurious Albemarle Limousine/Blue Ridge Wine Excursions, Monticello Wine Tours, or Central Virginia Wine Tours!
- Drive up to Carter Mountain Orchard for a fabulous day of picking fruit and feeling the sunshine.
- Head over to the Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Museum for one of the nation’s fines collections of Australian art.
- Take a raft, canoe, or kayak trip with James River Runners.
- Hike and picnic at Shenandoah National Park.
- Bowl a few rounds with family and friends at Kegler’s Lanes.
- Visit the Downtown Farmer’s Market for fresh produce, flowers, and baked goods.
- Treat yourself to a day at the spa at Moxie.
Theaters and Venues
- Take in a concert at The Jefferson or the Downtown Pavilion.
- Catch a show at The Paramount or a play at The Live Arts Theater.
- Drive out to the Fork Union Drive-in for a nostalgic evening of family fun.
- See what time films are playing at the Downtown Regal.
- See a small independent band at the Tea Bazaar.
- Watch the Bard’s best at Blackfriars Playhouse.