Local Places We Love
- Looking for the perfect place for a special dinner? Try the C & O.
- Get exquisite French fine dining at Fleurie or L’Etoile.
- Have a luxurious meal of Spanish tapas at Mas or a Latin-inspired dish at Zocalo or Mono Loco.
- Get local, organic pub food at The Local.
- If you’re in the mood for spicy noodles and fresh stir fries, try Downtown Thai or Peter Chang’s China Grill.
- Get seaside-fresh sushi at Ten or Miyako.
- Have a slice of pizza with all the trimmings at Christian’s (traditional, whole pizza or by-the-slice) or Fry’s Spring Station (gourmet wood-fire oven style).
- Sample southern-style fare at Eppie’s.
- Have a traditional Italian meal with a contemporary twist at Tavola.
- Order a burger and sit outside at Citizen Burger Bar.
- Pick up sandwiches from Feast! or Bodo’s Bagels.
- Have a gelato and an espresso at Splendora’s.
- Grab a crepe to go from The Flat.
- Take a trip out to Monticello, the home of our nation’s third president.
- Visit Jefferson’s vacation home, Poplar Forest.
- Drop in at Madison’s Montpelier or Monroe’s Ashlawn.
- Take a tour of Jefferson’s University of Virginia and the architecturally-acclaimed Academical Village.
- Visit some of the areas most popular vineyards on the Monticello Wine Trail.
- … and visit a few more vineyards in comfort and safety with the luxurious Albemarle Limousine/Blue Ridge Wine Excursions, Monticello Wine Tours, or Central Virginia Wine Tours!
- Drive up to Carter Mountain Orchard for a fabulous day of picking fruit and feeling the sunshine.
- Head over to the Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Museum for one of the nation’s fines collections of Australian art.
- Take a raft, canoe, or kayak trip with James River Runners.
- Hike and picnic at Shenandoah National Park.
- Bowl a few rounds with family and friends at Kegler’s Lanes.
- Visit the Downtown Farmer’s Market for fresh produce, flowers, and baked goods.
- Treat yourself to a day at the spa at Moxie.
Theaters and Venues
- Take in a concert at The Jefferson or the Downtown Pavilion.
- Catch a show at The Paramount or a play at The Live Arts Theater.
- Drive out to the Fork Union Drive-in for a nostalgic evening of family fun.
- See what time films are playing at the Downtown Regal.
- See a small independent band at the Tea Bazaar.
- Watch the Bard’s best at Blackfriars Playhouse.
Local Business Friends
- Love it here so much you don’t want to leave? Contact Carol and Glenda at Carder Howard Home Team to find your dream home in Charlottesville and the surrounding area, or look to Charlottesville Country Properties to find the perfect country estate, farm, or building site.
- We are proud to serve gluten-free granola (and other yummy products) from Mixing It Up Gluten Free Baking. Even our gluten eating guests love these treats!